Preparation : 20 mins Baking Time : 60 - 75 minutes at 170C Size : 9" x 5" loaf tin
INGREDIENTS – POUND CAKE
225gms unsalted butter (cooler than room temperature) 345gms sugar 1 tbsp lemon zest (the zest of 1 lemon) 5 large eggs (almost room temperature) 80ml sour cream 8ml vanilla extract 150gms all purpose flour 65gms cake flour 1/2 tsp salt
INGREDIENTS – LEMON DRIZZLE
3 tbsp (45ml) Fresh Lemon Juice 2 tbsp (30ml) water 1/3 cups (70gms) sugar
INGREDIENTS – LEMON GLAZE
1 cup Icing sugar / confectionary sugar 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice (add if necessary depending on consistency)
METHOD – POUND CAKE
- Preheat over to 170C.
- Grease 9″x5″ baking tin.
- Using a stand mixer, cream Butter, sugar and lemon zest for 8 minutes stopping in between to scrape down the sides. Cream until pale and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time.
- Add in vanilla essence.
- Add in sour cream and mix well.
- Sieve in all purpose flour, cake flour, salt then mix well.
- Pour into baking tin and bake for 60minutes at 170C.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool …. BUT if you are adding the drizzle, polk holes on top of the cake.
- Mix lemon juice, sugar and water until all combined.
- Drizzle on top of the cake ensuring that your fill all the holes with the lemon drizzle.
- Mix icing sugar and lemon juice until all combined and drizzle on top of pound cake when it is cooled.