230gm butter (salted), softened (cool at 18-20C) 4 Grade B egg (200gms) 200gm sugar 200gm self raising flour, sifted. 60ml milk 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 170C.
- Prepare a 8 inch square pan or 2 loaf pan. Line the base and grease the sides (greasing helps the cake’s sides to rise well)
- Cream butter and 200gm sugar until pale and fluffy (speed 2-4 ).
- Add in eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Add in Vanilla extract.
- Add in sifted flour alternating it with milk. Ending it with shifted flour. Mix well until all combined.
- Pour batter into pan and level.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. (I reduced to 150C for the last 15 minutes because the top seems to be getting dark)